The SCF Board is composed of up to 9 members, and meets on a monthly basis. Our organisation being mostly run on a volunteer basis, our directors are really involved in the day to day running of the organisation and the executive tasks associated to it.
Role of the board
- Be the guardian of the organisation
- Represent the organisation, the sport of climbing and the Fijian athletes at a national and international level
- Guide the organisation in order to promote and develop the sport of climbing in Fiji
- Ensure our Articles of Association and policies are complied with
- Develop National certifications and standards
- Manage the Fiji Coaching Team and ensure the good functioning of the Fiji team
- Coordinate national events
- Control consistency in between province events
- Support province organisation
To grow, develop and promote the sport of climbing to enhance the experience for all.
To be a professional, well known, innovative, and inclusive organisation that supports climbing from bottom to top.
Our Core Values
Sport Climbing Fiji (SCF) is the peak body for Sport Climbing in Fiji and is responsible for the stewardship, management, promotion and growth of the sport. In collaboration with our Provincial Members and a range of key stakeholders, Sport Climbing Fiji aspires to be:
- Excellent by developing our people and quality services
- Inclusive by being accessible, equitable, accepting and valuing diversity
- Strategic by staying informed, prioritising our efforts and managing our risks
- Ethical by insisting on fairness, transparency, respect and compliance
- Healthy by promoting wellbeing and safety and instilling positive culture
- Sustainable by enhancing the capability of our members, prudent financial management and securing diverse income sources.