Theme: Walk Against NCD’s
Date: 17 – 30 July 2022
Venue: Vitilevu Island, Fiji
Sport Climbing Fiji, established in February 2018, is the National Federation for mountaineering and sport climbing in Fiji. It represents Fiji in the International Federation of Sport Climbing – the International Federation representing sport climbing in the International Olympic Committee and at other international organizations. Sport Climbing Fiji is also a member of the Oceania Council for Sport Climbing.
From 17 – 30 July 2022, Sport Climbing Fiji plans to conduct its annual Walkathon Round Vitilevu (491km) to raise funds for its activities and to create awareness on the rising crisis of non-communicable diseases in Fiji.
The theme for this Walkathon is: Walk Against NCDs.
The Walkathon will be launched at Holiday Inn Suva on 16 July 2022 at 3.00pm – 5.00pm.
Events And Engagement
Community Health Services
The objectives of the Community Health Services are to:
- Establish partnership with governmental, non-governmental and private sector organization working in the health sector in Fiji.
- Conduct talanoa sessions on health matters.
- Aware people about available health products and services.
- Conduct cervical screening – VIA, breast screening and other services related to prevention of non-communicable diseases.
The objectives of the Walk-A-Kilometer Challenge are to:
- Promote walking as an economic method of exercise and good practice to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Promote walking as a way of adventure, stress buster and introspection.
- Motivate people to walk atleast 60 minutes per day and as far as possible in natural settings.
- Bring together different communities of people to walk together to raise awareness on rising crisis of non-communicable diseases.
- Infuse adventure and joy in the lives of people through team efforts.
Participation in the Walk-A-Kilometer Challenge is open to all individuals, Corporate Teams and other teams of people, including overseas participants.
Participants will either walk full course of the Walkathon Route or part of it.
|Date||Start Point||Stop Point||Approx. Distance||Community Health Services Venues|
|17/07||Ratu Sukuna Park, Suva||Uprising Beach Resort, Pacific Harbor||47.3|
|18/07||Uprising Beach Resort, Pacific Harbor||Warwick Fiji, Korolevu||46.1||Navua|
|19/07||Warwick Fiji, Korolevu||Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Sigatoka||44.2||Sigatoka|
|20/07||Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Sigatoka||Tanoa Skylodge, Namaka||55.7||Nadi|
|21/07||Tanoa Skylodge, Namaka||Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, Lautoka||25.4||Lautoka|
|22/07||Break Day at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, Lautoka||00.00|
|23/07||Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, Lautoka||Ba Lodge, Ba||37.3||Ba|
|24/07||Ba Lodge, Ba||Tavua Hotel, Tavua||26.3|
|25/07||Tavua Hotel, Tavua||Tanoa Rakiraki Hotel, Rakiraki||42.8||Tavua|
|26/07||Tanoa Rakiraki Hotel, Rakiraki||Ra High School, Ra||34.2||Rakiraki|
|27/07||Ra High School, Kings Rd||Takalana Bay Resort, Nataleira Village||43.9|
|28/07||Takalana Bay, Nataleira Village||Tailevu Hotel, Korovou||34.4||Korovou|
|29/07||Tailevu Hotel, Korovou||Siris Apartments and Hotel, Nausori||32.9||Nausori|
|30/07||Siris Apartments and Hotel, Nausori||Ratu Sukuna Park, Suva||20.5||Suva|
Map View of the Walkathon Route
Created using Google Map services.
A – Initial Start Point and Final Stop Point.
Contact us for more information.